paul- wrote:
> I'm running a 500GB ssd on my pi4 using a MBR and EXT4 partition, no
> issues.

That is what I told, No problems with an MBR partition format, only with
GPT partition format.

Now I have the complete music in an MBR partition format and ExFAT
filesystem and it took LMS 30 minutes for approximately 42000 files. If
I remember correctly the Pi 3B+ needed nearly 1,5 hours. So this is
great!

I tested again a SSD with GPT partition format and ExFAT filesystem and
one with hfs+ filesystem and both took nearly 1 minute to mount and they
are really slow when reading something.

paul- wrote:
> The RPI4 has flashable firmware, which is different from all of the
> previous boards.  Firmware update procedure is here: ....

Ok! Thank you for the information. I will flash it this evening when I
am back at home.