Hi Paul

I've had a couple of go's at this, including burning a fresh image of
pCp.

I don't have a problem with the procedures and they seem to be working.
I checked the config.txt had taken by going through the edit config.txt
procedure a second time just to check the the overlay setting was there.

The device doesn't appear in the Audio Output Device Settings at any
stage, but the Codec Output Devices appear in the section below on first
boot.

If I press save they promptly disappear and nothing I do can bring them
back.

If I try to install the streamer no devices appear there at any stage.

*Music Store & VPN Server: *Synology DS215J NAS*
Home Server/Study Player:* LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.0 (beta) Server/IQ
Audio DAC+
*Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player *LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B
pCp 6.0 (beta) Server/IQ Audio DAC+
*RF Headphone Playe*r Squeezelite/Jivelite on Pi 3B on pCp 6.0 (beta) IQ
Audio DAC+
*Homeplug/LAN Players: *Squeezelite on 2x  Windows 10 PC's,
*VPN Mobile & Car Player:* Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone