hi Zabizabo,

I haven't followed your problem too closely but... here's the very
simple process I use. YMMV.

1. Create new pCP image.
2. Create wpa_supplicant.conf on boot partition.
3. Only add 2 lines to wpa_supplicant.conf

ssid="wirelessSSID"
psk="wirelessPASSWORD"

Note: I use a macro in Notepad++ to create this file. It does add an
additional blank line at the end.

4. Save wpa_supplicant.conf and unmount SD card.
5. Stick SD card into RPi and boot. (DO NOT plug ethernet in)

pCP will create a "proper" wpa_supplicant.conf that will work 99% of the
time from your minimal wpa_supplicant.conf.

It should now just work!

Now, after it is successful, if you want to have a more secure solution,
go into the Wifi web page fill in the password and country, press [Save]
and pCP will change the password to a passphrase and add the country
code to wpa_supplicant.conf

I have used this method hundreds of times and it has been tested upto
piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b2

Is your RPi4B one of the newer 4Gb v1.2 model by any chance?

regards
Greg