Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi Redrum,
>
> The timezone gets set automatically and saved when you boot, but it must
> have a network and internet access. Once set, it will not check again. I
> can't see how it could corrupted once set.
>
> Similarly, ntp sets the time, but it also needs internet access.
>
> We seem to be getting a lot of these kind of happenings, are the worlds
> power systems failing?
>
> regards
> Greg

Hi Greg;

I think you are on to something...when power is interrupted and
restored, the Pcp powers up well before the modem has established
internet access. It is crappy DSL, and it takes forever to boot and
establish internet access. Up to 5 minutes, seriously.

So, if PcP boots, and timezone was set previously, does it leave it
alone? If not, and no internet access, what does it do? Because, what I
am seeing is that time is fine before power failure, then on reboot
(with no internet access at the time) it gets messed up. Then when I go
to reset the timezone, everything breaks.

I am almost thinking that maybe I can do this instead? Power failure, I
see no time on touch, goofy time on boom and radio. stop lms. Just power
down and power up pcp (while internet access is established), everyone
is happy? It really is an ordeal as I described.

One other thing of note - I mentioned that RP FLAC interactive (all
streams) doesn't work in this state. I noticed today that while RP FLAC
regular stream works, there is no song an album art info displayed. The
MP3 streams are fine. I wonder what the significance is.

Not sure about the world but this is happening in the Adirondacks in
Northern New York, Huge Pine trees that fall down on power lines, crappy
DSL on ancient copper infrastructure that can drop out for days. You
pass more utility trucks than cars on windy days. But it's beautiful
here...the price you pay.

I'll try my idea....

Jim