Thank you Greg, Paul;

Maybe the timezone field isn't causing my issue, I guess I just assumed
it was because "time" was lost (touch screensaver) and incorrect (Boom
and Radio Display). This problem is very repeatable, and a real PITA to
recover from.

So, I thought I would try something based on your comments, and it
failed, and will rebuild again.....

Here's what I did:
1) we lost power a few times a couple days ago, and I have been
operating in this "limp" mode
2) based on your comments, I decide to try shutting down the PcP,
restarting it with internet available and hopefully viola! Not. I shut
it down through the PcP UI. Note that the page never redirected, it just
counted down and stopped. I reapplied power, and it took a while for the
UI to come back up.
3) I looked at my touch, favorites - "empty", My Music->album artists -
"empty". I then went to look at the network drive contents (via samba
that appears to work through this), and not only is the media folder
missing, but the favorites are a "default" file, created today:

30201

You guys are much more versed on what is going on "under the hood" but
if I had to guess, I would say that the power failure, or restore, broke
something with regard to the mounted USB HDD which contains my music
library, and the LMS cache and prefs. My guess is that when LMS came up,
it didn't detect the needed files, library, etc, so it just created a
default configuration which is empty...

In this broken state, this is what my LMS page looks like. Note that it
says that the drive is "not mounted", even though if I go to mount it,
it says "mount not changed". I have to uncheck, change mount, recheck,
remount to get it to mount.

30202

Could it be this? - The HBB is powered by the USB of the Pcp (no
external adaptor). The drive is a western digital WDBU6Y0020BBK. I could
not find it's power consumption spec anywhere...I suppose I could try an
experiment with a thumb drive of music on a stick and see what
happens...But, then why is it that the "time" is the symptom?

One other thought, should I just consider leaving the LMS cache and
preferences on the SD card?

Jim

Jim

|Filename: aaa.jpg                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30202|