Hi!

At long last I migrated my LMS to be PiCorePlayer on a Pi4, with a 500
GB attached SSD. All is good. The Pi4 has a POE hat so is powered from
my network switch, which resides on a UPS.

The installation and configuration of the LMS reminded me that, "LMS is
a database application and should be shutdown properly."

This got me thinking that it would be good to have some way to send a
shutdown command to LMS when utility power is lost.The UPS only powered
the network core for about 20 minutes.

There's a network service called NUT (https://networkupstools.org/) that
interfaces with a UPS to be able to sense the loss of utility power.

This brings me to my ask....would it be possible to bundle NUT in
PiCorePlayer?

Michael Graves

House: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, M-Audio BX5As
Home Office: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, M-Audio BX5A D2, Berhringer
B2092A subwoofer
Workshop: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, Alesis ProLinear 820s, JBL
subwoofer
Back Yard: SB3, Dayton Amp, Definitive Tech AW6500s
Front Yard: SB3, SMSL Q5 Amp, Definitive Tech AW5500s
SqueezeCenter on Lenovo Tiny PC

email: mgraves <at> mstvp.com
blog: http://www.mgraves.org