Hi @blackbird

I'll take a look at that

the streaming format shouldn't affect the monitor but maybe there's
something amiss in the tags payload and we hit a null pointer or buffer
overflow - either would potentially cause a freeze,same if visualization
is active and we're getting something odd in the shared memory data

there were no "leaks" the last timeI ran the solution under valgrind,
been a while so I'll repeat that exercise.

IF YOU HAVE EXAMPLE OF A STREAM THAT HAS THE EXHIBIT COULD YOU POST

As a sidebar I'm working on reducing the memory foot print of the
monitor

All of the clock fonts are now rendered to memory dynamically, er...
statically?!?, that reduced memory by a factor of 12.  A selected font
is only loaded if you specifically request it.

I've done the same for the weather graphics, weather icons are only
loaded if you specifically request weather.

I'll round out this exercise with the visualization graphics and the
easter egg graphics

source updated as I go, but holding out on updating the binary

Still a WIP but definitely heading in the right direction

As of 2020/09/29

*Total Tracks: 153,696
Total Albums: 14,181
Total Artists: 20,034