Thank you Gary!  Especially good to have feedback on the HDMI version.

I do not think it would be realistic to locate the equipment in the wall
there.  I might be able to find a different wall location.  I still much
prefer having the amps in the basement as it is a fairly large kitchen
and a very large space outdoors on the deck so I want good sized amps.
There is crawl space just under the desired location in the kitchen and
above the basement ceiling but it's very hard to access that area if
debugging were needed.  The bay between the studs in the wall there is
barely over one US gang wide, and is an exterior wall so there is also
insulation to deal with.

I'll probably get the long cables first and see how it works, and go
from there.