I just bought a Rasp PI4, official screen and Hifiberry Amp2 + Mean Well
18v powesupply.
I have loaded an SD Card with Picoreplayer and was not expecting this
set up to work almost out of the box! Really really cool! I thought it
needed soldering. I am surprised we don’t find that much I formation
about that setup. It’s a great Radio replacement.

The only negative points are:
- Red and black wires are a bit loose at the back. How can I solve
this?
- I need a Stand or something to hold that screen for the moment

For my in ceiling project. Maybe a solution is to go like you garym999 -
all in one instead of 2 separate Pis. But would then need to properly
hide everything: powersupply and everything at the back of the screen ,
maybe by trying to integrate within the wall. But it’s quite thick. At
the back and it needs some ventilation I believe... I am afraid with
fire hazard. Want to make sure this solution is safe.

Cheers!

Transporter, Touch, SB3,  SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios --- Ipeng & Material
--- LMS 8.0.0 - 1588799628 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz