My Rpi4 runs the latest versions of pCp and LMS (as at 30.10.20), and
works fine over my main system and speakers, but not with my BT
headphones (B&W PX), where I experienced lots of sound dropouts, and
periods where it would not even connect to the Rpi4/pCp (would not pair,
or would not put a name into 'Player Name', or would not show up in
LMS).
After many hours trying a lot of the potential solutions on this site,
including using ssh and the  Bluetoothctl functions, it was a
combination of 2 things that resolved the issues.
One is frequently referred to here – get a new SDcard! This was done
first, and sorted the problems with getting and maintaining any BT
connection at all. I do not know why this should be the case but am
convinced that it was a major factor, and as it was done prior to the
change below, I do not think they were directly related. I should also
say that I wrote a clone of the original card to the new one – not a
wholly new download and installation.
I now had faith in the basic BT configuration but was still suffering
sound dropouts, so my 2nd step was to move the BT source (the Rpi4)
further into the room (still about 2.5 metres away) and point it's
BT-chip end towards my listening position. Success! I have had no
dropouts over the last few hours of headphone use, and the 'phones have
re-connected easily to the Rpi4 after short periods of non-use. I will
experiment further to try and identify the cause of the dropouts, partly
because I can't leave the Rpi4 where it is forever.
Thank you to all the other contributors to this forum, because without
this support I would probably have given up!