Can the MusicIP detection of the default plugin be fooled by setting
some inter container network or port forwarding? I'm assuming that by

I don't know, really. Most people here probably have more experience with Docker than I do :-). Thanks to them I've been able to create an image. But I learned a whole lot in the process, basically starting from zero.

What I can say is that the plugin would need some adjustments if we wanted to open it up to use a host name other than "localhost". It's hard-coded all over the place...

--

Michael