mrw wrote:
> Have you tried explicitly setting -iocharset- as an additional option ?
> I'm thinking -iocharset=utf8- to be appended to the others on your
> network drive set up. Something to try, perhaps.
>
> I'm not a pCP user. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried adding that expression
> to the list
of options on the pCp/LMS/Setup Network Disk Mount GUI but it will not
connect at all with that variable set. It would seem I have some

1. - Establish whether this feature should be available and correct my
folder labels if it should not.
2 -  If the feature should be available - convince another user to try
to replicate the issue - simply entitle a Music Folder "Dvořák" -
place a couple of mp3's in the folder and see if they are found by the
"look for the new and changed media files" option in the LMS GUI.
3 - Abandon pursuing this issue and revert to pCp 6.1.0

Issue: With identical versions of LMS, pCp 6.1.0 scans  tracks within
folders whose titles contain extended characters eg "Dvořák" pCp
7.0.0 does not scan these tracks

*Music Store and VPN Server: *Synology DS215J NAS*
Study Player:* Pi 3B pCp 6.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
*Study Server:* Pi 4 pcp 7.0.0 (beta)
*Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Player *LMS 7,9.3 on Pi 4B pCp
6.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
*Headphone & Streamer Players: x3:* pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
*Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: *Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
*VPN Mobile & Car Player:* Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone