I think I've fixed my unrecognised extended characters in LMS scan issue
but I'm not sure how.

I installed the util-linux-locales.tcz extension which I think also
installs util-linux.tcz and the scan started working properly.

However, when I removed the extensions and rebooted the pCp the scan
continued to find all the folders with extended character set labels and
files within the folders.

Maybe it will all revert to as it was before when some cache clears.

*Music Store and VPN Server: *Synology DS215J NAS*
Study Player:* Pi 3B pCp 6.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
*Study Server:* Pi 4 pcp 7.0.0 (beta)
*Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Player *LMS 7,9.3 on Pi 4B pCp
6.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
*Headphone & Streamer Players: x3:* pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
*Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: *Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
*VPN Mobile & Car Player:* Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone