Howard Passman wrote:
> That is one ugly remote :-)  And I'm guessing it will only partially
> work with piCorePlayer. That's where I would get lost and pCP developers
> don't seem to be interested in integrating a few other remotes in to the
> package.

I expect that the challenge for the pCP team would be that there are a
lot of remotes out there.
They have documented the basics for how to get a 3rd-party remote to
control things.
I guess that one route would be to have some sort of tool that worked
like a universal remote interpreter and allowed the user to teach pCP
the signals from any given remote and have the tool write out all of the
files (and optionally share them to make it easy for someone else with
the same remote).
Would be a lot of work when I expect that most here have genuine
Squeezebox remotes or programmable ones that can emulate one.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc), kcrw,
supla finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland