philippe_44 wrote:
> I think I have something working now in the latest patch. Tested it with
> Tidal and the flac@96k with cuesheet that you gave me. It seems fine,
> including repositioning, on a player limited @ 44.1kHz.
>
> @bpa, we needed to combine both views on the flac transcoding command
> :)
>
> 1- you're right, flac when called with a --skip on stdin fails, which
> makes perfect sense. I've now changed TranscodingHelper.pm so that when
> a rule is being used with a start from stdin ('I' streamMode) then the
> $START$ is not used, only the $END$ (if any) is. That sounds logical to
> me, you can't expect transcoder to seek from stdin and I've not seen any
> rule in convert.conf that would be in conflict with that.
> 2- still, when called with no streaminfo header, flac fails to build a
> wav header (at least one that is acceptable by sox), so the simple rule
> of using wav in the pipeline did not work when seeking on a flac file or
> from stdin. I've now added samplerate and samplesize to the accessible
> parameters in conver.conf & friends. I've not added endianness or sign
> for now as they can be forced in the rule itself
>
> Patch is here https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/pull/462

That's good. You managed to create a solution that handles both use
cases. I don't fully understand the streaminfo header issue but enough
to get the gist of the problem.

I don't have Tidal but I'll do test on the Flac cue side of things.

FYI - ffmpeg can do a skip (aka -ss ) on a stdin stream - it does so by
just processing all input and waiting until time point before generating
output. Not a real seek but same result. ffmpeg is useful when
workarounds are needed.