mcduman wrote:
> i meant
>
> tdlflc pcm * *
>       # IFT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
>       [flac] -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=little --sign=signed $START$
> $END$ -- $FILE$
>
> which works.

This is specific to Tidal to fix problems with "IFT" in the normal
rules.  It would not be used with Radio Paradise.

> I also have in convert.conf
>
> flc pcm * *
>       # FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
>       [flac] -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=little --sign=signed $START$
> $END$ -- $FILE$
>
> which does not work with radio paradise
This rule was not part of this discussion. But the issue in this thread
showed that "IFT" cannot work if there is a "$START$" so the "working"
rule may have had a latent fault which has now been exposed. It sounds
like radio Paradise only works with "IFT".  I don't know Radio Paradise
/ Flac so you should give all the details of your system in case it is a
specifc combination of LMS version and player type and radio Paradise
Flac.

What sort of player do you have ?
What version of LMS ?

The generic solution that Philippe_44 is investigating is intended to
fix the underlying problems that "tdlflc" type was needed to fix and so
avoid requiring a "pdiseflac" type solution.