rosscullen wrote:
> I'm using Docker a lot on Synology DSM 6.2 as well. I have had a lot of
> issues trying to get containers to run through the UI, particularly with
> permission issues.
>
> So I reverted to the Docker command line (shell) and found it works a
> lot better for getting containers going initially. Then i use the GUI. I
> also recommend installing a Docker container for Portainer (a more
> advanced GUI for Docker). Note: Portainer uses port 9000 as well so
> until one is fully comfortable with Docker and port numbering, maybe
> best to hold off initially!
>

> Here's the steps I used (but I can't guarantee they'll work for you as I
> haven't moved to LMS Docker yet... but with the issues with PERL, LMS
> 8.1 and Synology DSM 7 at the moment, I would say you'll have a lot more
> people looking to find similar solutions):
>
> 1. Create a user account on your DSM for Docker. (Details at
> https://mariushosting.com/synology-how-to-find-uid-userid-and-gid-groupid/).
> Make note of the "PUID" and "PGID" and replace the number values (1000)
> with the numbers noted on the values "-e PUID=**** " and "-e PGID=**** "
> down below.
> 2. Enable SSH in Synology (see
> https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General_Setup/How_to_login_to_DSM_with_root_permission_via_SSH_Telnet)
> 3. Run Putty (available at www.putty.org)
> 4. connect to the IP of your Synology
> 5. Login using your Synology DSM username and password
> 6. type "sudo su" and enter your password again.
> 7. Run the following command to build your docker image (remember to
> replace [ ] below with your paths:
>
> SUDO DOCKER RUN \
> --NAME LOGITECH-MEDIA-SERVER \
> --RESTART=UNLESS-STOPPED \
> --NET=HOST \
> -V \"/VOLUME2/DOCKER/SQUEEZEBOX/CONFIG\":\"/CONFIG\":RW \
> -V \"/VOLUME1/MUSIC/MUSIC\":\"/MUSIC\":RO \
> -V \"/VOLUME1/MUSIC/PLAYLISTS\":\"/PLAYLIST\":RW \
> -V \"/ETC/LOCALTIME\":\"/ETC/LOCALTIME\":RO \
> -P 9000:9000/TCP \
> -P 9090:9090/TCP \
> -P 3483:3483/TCP \
> -P 3483:3483/UDP \
> -E TZ=EUROPE/LONDON \
> -E PGID=65537 \
> -E PUID=1029 \
> LMSCOMMUNITY/LOGITECHMEDIASERVER:8.2.0-DEV
>

> PS: If your timezone is different than above, replace with
> "Country/City"
> PPS: If the line in bold above comes up with an error, you can specify a
> particular build (these are listed at
> https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated)
> Eg: "lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:8.2.0-dev" is the current latest
>
> Fingers crossed, hope this helps. Haven't migrated over to LMS on Docker
> yet but will keep you posted if I made modifications to the above.
> [B]Update: tested all the above successfully... have migrated over from
> Synology package to Docker one. Was too complicated to migrate over
> [...]

Nice one! Thanks.

I will try it this way next time as also had some (mostly permissions)
issues with various docker images. Weirdly lmscommunity image went
smooth for me with just GUI, but maybe I've sorted permissions in past
and don't remember :P

Anyway thanks for command line install tutorial!

3x Squeezebox Touch, 3x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media
Server Version: 8.0.0 with Material Skin