Thank you Gary, Happy New Year, and hopefully a better one than last!

Thank you so much for the sharing the mounting plate design!  You
presumably had to sand it smooth and paint it after printing?  (looking
at photos in backlight thread)

I just got a most of the parts I ordered a week or so back for the two
test systems (one in-wall and one a stereo component) .. longer DSI
cable, AMP+, HDMI and USB cables, an enclosure, etc.  Still waiting on a
couple RCA connectors and MSL RemotePi board but plenty to start playing
with it all.. hopefully find some time in the next couple days.. I have
a friend locally that has a Prusa as well so may have to hit him up for
some printing.  Also considering making the display mounting out of wood
with a router for the stereo component version, something like this
one:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?102957-pi-based-systems&p=919531&viewfull=1#post919531

For in-wall I think the way you did it is best.  I will keep you posted!