psketch wrote:
> I certainly used the UI controls in the past, but ....
>
> 1) I haven't tried them in pcp 7, and the underlying card control has
> changed with the latest kernel.   Probably still works of course, but
> not sure - e.g. if you're using HDMI, which devices is device 0?
> 2) It's a bit trial and error as to which card and device you're
> specifying.  Easy if you're using the built in audio if that's device 0,
> but less easy if you've got more cards
> 3) You can't use this approach with equaliser, which was actually my
> original use case.
>
> It's easy to modify the asound.conf anyway, and adding new devices there
> for me makes it easier to know for sure what I'm doing and doesn't risk
> messing up any built in behaviour.
>
> pete S

Yes, it still works with pCP 7. Yes, it was a bit trial and error with
the card number at first. If you have a DAC attached, like TimG, it
seems easier to turn off the onboard audio, and then you can just select
Card 0. It might be more complicated if you want to use USB or HDMI
output. Yes, more difficult if you want an equalizer, and totally beyond
me.

But, I'm fairly confident that what I wrote will work for TimG. We have
similar setups, the only difference is that he is using the Hifiberry
Miniamp, and I use the Pimoroni pHATDAC.