chill wrote:

  >   > tc@pCP:~$ fstrim -v /mnt/m2
--------------------

It is clear why you got the error message. You simply forgot the "sudo"
in front of the command. The error is that the operation is permitted!

chill wrote:
> I found that my old SATA drive achieves a write speed of around 150MB/s
> and read speed of around 210MB/s.
> The new M.2 SATA drive achieves a write speed of around 245MB/s and a
> read speed of around 300MB/s.

Ok, then I don't have to change to the M.2 SSD. It would also be a bit
expensive, as I am using a 2TB SATA SSD.
The longest operation is to create the LMS library completely new and
that is really fast since I changed the USB stick used for the database
(I think it is 30 minutes faster now). It took 48 minutes for ca. 85000
songs.

pi4 4gb picoreplayer with lms and squeezelite for usb inside an argon
one case
pi3b+ (7\" display, hifiberry dac+ pro) picoreplayer with
squeezlite/jivelite for hifiberry and bluetooth headphone inside a
smartipi touch case
two airport express
ikea symfonisk