paul- wrote:
> To me its not terribly loud.  I was too was not sure of the quality of
> the track (It is a 1967 recording)   But my comparison is
> What I thought was interesting, with ALAC disabled.  LMS transcoded the
> file to flac via.   faad->sox.   Would libfaad be the better codec to
> use for this type of track?

I've not looked at the codec used by libfaad, it's probably the decoder
that was used in many projects made in 2005 by David Hammerton before
Apple released their code. Sometimes ago, I switched almost all my
projects to this "official" Apple codec as I also sometimes need the
encoding (bridges, squeezelite-esp32). Only Shairtunes and AirConnect

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3