Greg Erskine wrote:
> Hi chill,
>
> lol. Welcome to the world of software development.
>
> Well done with your install script. Thanks for your effort.
>
> regards
> Greg

Haha, thanks Greg.  My intention wasn't to make a foolproof script, but
to make a proof-of-concept that is easy for others to implement, so that
the -approach- can be tested more widely.  I know that dealing with
errors and making it all reliable is at least half the job!  Armed with
a bit more feedback I guess my hope was that you clever pCP people could
implement the approach more tightly into pCP, with scripts that are as
reliable and foolproof as the rest of pCP.  For instance, an
'autostart/stop' button for USB DACs could create the rules file and do
the 'find' option at boot.

I think the script is nearly there.  Adding an 'uninstall' option would
mean that the tasks that an autostart/stop button would need to do when
enabled/disabled are defined.