cfuttrup wrote:
> I hope to wake-up this old thread and find someone who can guide me a
> bit.
>
> The Raspberry Pi I have seems to be near its last days of living. Maybe
> a bit early to conclude, but I get the yellow lightning bolt, and the
> device reboots every now and then, seemlingly more and more often and I
> can't seem to feed it enough power. I'm about ready to try a solid piece
> of linear power supply. In fact I already have one, but it's made for
> the Squeezebox Duet and with about 9 Volt of output. Is there a kind
> soul in this forum, who has a bit of electronics skill and who could
> help me exchange the transformer to convert it to 5 Volt output?
>
> Here's a picture of the power supply (with 30.000 uF capacitors):
> https://www.cfuttrup.com/duet/WLabs_PCB_small.jpg
> And for completeness here's the HTML page about the PSU:
> https://www.cfuttrup.com/streamingaudio.html#hardwareupgrade
>
> From the picture I gather this is a 229C16 transformer, and it looks
> like it can be connected either to 115 Volt or 230 Volt depending on how
> it's mounted on the PCB, and that each give about 8 Volt output. I have
> no idea how this becomes 9 Volt. I don't know much about this, but
> presumably the C16 means it's a C-core (?) and 16 = 2 * 8 Volt, and for
> an equivalent 5 Volt output, I should look for something called 229C9
> ... ?
>
> Best regards,
> Claus

I do not think you'll easily get a transformer to replace this one but
the fact that it appears to be regulated will not help you.

What is the part number on the regulator (the TO220 Part attached to the
heatsink ?)

Jeff

*Want a webapp ?* Get SqueezeLite-X !
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108550-Announce-Squeezelite-X&p=903953&viewfull=1#post903953