If I am understanding correctly....

You could use the PS as is, and add a linear regulator (LM317) circuit
to the tail end of your 9V supply to create the 5v source. Something
like this:
http://www.energiazero.org/arduino_sensori/lm317_dc_dc_converter_step_down_circuit.pdf
but there are others. I see that a few of these modules are capable of
1.5A, but the device itself is capable of over 2A, probably determined
by heat sinking.

or a DC-DC (switching) buck module, something like this
https://components101.com/modules/xl6009-dc-dc-step-down-voltage-regulator-module
that would supply more current, run more efficient, and require less
heat sinking, but because it is switching, not sure if it would cause
any emi problems to the pi or any nearby low level audio signals.

Note that I am familiar with both circuit designs, but have never used
the modules in the links I supplied, I just went out and looked for
examples.

Jim