Man in a van wrote:
> Try
>
> plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0   - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones
> - Hardware device with all software conversions
>
> and reboot

I had to roll back to an old boot disk, and now I seem to have got the
same problem again but your fix no longer works!?!!? The old boot disk,
created May 2020, had "ExecStart=/usr/bin/squeezelite -o
plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 -n Pi_SqueezeliteService -C 5 "

I did a full-upgrade, and as expected I had to change the ExecStart line
as follows
ExecStart=/usr/bin/squeezelite -o plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 -n
Pi_SqueezeliteService -C 5

So now Pi_SqueezeliteService appears in LMS, but no sound comes out of
the Pi's headphone jack.
I also now get a LOT of rebuffering - every few minutes (on both radio
and flac files). Despite all players being wired into the LAN.
The available audio devices are:

sudo /usr/bin/squeezelite -l
Output devices:
default                        - Playback/recording through the
PulseAudio sound server
null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or
generate zero samples (capture)
jack                           - JACK Audio Connection Kit
pulse                          - PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=b1             - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 -
Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=b1,DEV=0             - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 -
Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=b1,DEV=0           - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 -
Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=b1,DEV=0               - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 -
Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=b1,DEV=0           - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 -
Hardware device with all software conversions
usbstream:CARD=b1              - bcm2835 HDMI 1 - USB Stream Output
sysdefault:CARD=Headphones     - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835
Headphones - Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0     - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835
Headphones - Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0   - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835
Headphones - Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0       - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835
Headphones - Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0   - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835
Headphones - Hardware device with all software conversions
usbstream:CARD=Headphones      - bcm2835 Headphones - USB Stream
Output

Any idea why no sound is coming out? And the rebuffering? I tried the
whole upgrade process twice and I get exactly the same problems.

The Pi4 is running  LMS 7.9.2 - 1578996832, which was working flawlessly
prior to this upgrade.

SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI
subwoofer
3 x SB3s + SB Radio
LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround