Greg Erskine wrote:
> Hi chincheta0815,
>
> We haven't done much to shairpoint-sync over the years because we
> recommend you use the LMS plugin instead.
>
> I think this means, you only have to setup once for all your devices.
>
> BTW: You can disable "Broadcast .local" on the [Tweaks] page if it is
> interfering with shairpoint-sync.
>
> regards
> Greg

Hej Greg,

the shaiport-sync of piCore is not too old to be honest. Its version
3.3.7 so one of the latest.
It also works well, the only issue there is with mdns...

Using the LMS Plugin does not help if there is no possiblity for an LMS
due to performance and complexity.
If one just needs an "Airplay speaker" with all the possibilities of
piCorePlayer this would be better.
Having all the different options for Player instances makes PiCore the
best image for music player purposes for Raspberry Pis.
Different media packages are far complexer, bigger and not working out
of the box as PiCorePlayer - even though they sometime charge you...

Disabling broadcast .local does not help at all. There is an issue with
tinysvcmds that is bult into shairport-sync.
Without solving this issue in shairport-sync it seems feasbile to either
drop support for shairport-sync in picore or build it with avahi.
That is at least how I understood the shairport-sync dev Mike.
The latter would make it work (at leat it does on a plain RaspberryPiOS)
and maybe makes the system leaner and stable as there is a proven avahi
as one service for all mdns (shaiport, broadcast .local, etc.).

LMS-8.2@raspberrypiOS. 1x Radio, 1x Duet, 1x PiCorePlayer, 1x Tube Radio
with PiCorePlayer.