I have a program that I've been running for years on various systems
which, when built on picoreplayer, surprised me with a segfault.  I went
looking for gdb, and ...   was surprised again.  :-)   Is gdb hidden in
some unexpected extension?

My system version is:  piCorePlayer v7.0.0 | www v00011 | linux
5.4.83-pcpCore-v7 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.8-1287-pCP

Also -- in case the fault is toolchain-related, I assume that
"compiletc.tcz" is the right toolchain, for this version of the system,
right?

I'll find the fault with successive printf's eventually, but a debugger
would be convenient.