I had to replace my original SB3 after 14 years of service.
I chose to use a Pi(3) with HiFiBerry dac as a replacement.
The piCorePlayer 7.0 image was truly plug and play.
I'm very happy with the setup. I do miss the VU Meters of the SB3
though.

It's been over a month now and the piCorePlayer crashes once a week.
It's not chronic but seems to be consistent. Just once a week. Of course
it's the Living Room player so it's easy to know when it craps out.

Curious if others have experience with piCorePlayer crashing.

Thanks,