bpa wrote:
> The strange thing is that within the MP3 audio frame header, the sample
> rate of the audio stream is specified.
> The HDMI output device should be opened with the rate found in the MP3
> frame.
>
> Can you confirm the hardware which is running PCP - what version of a Pi
> hardware so that maybe others can test ?
> What model of Marantz - with HDMI there is negotiation as to what rates
> are supported by HDMI device.

Yeah, the log shows that it does not find the sample rate and maybe
guesses it from the first data....

It is a RasPi Model 3B with Marantz SR 6013, JiveLite on official 7''
touchscreen, LMS 8.1 and SqueezeLite updated to current version:

    piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v6.1.0 | www v0009 | linux 4.19.122-pcpCore_v7
| piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1386-pCP

The thing I am really confused about is that with flac or aac, 48 kHz
rates are no problem...