schup011 wrote:
> If it applies only to MP3 anyway, one could do an "extended lazyman"
> version with two different silence files for 44.1 and 48 kHz. Other
> sampling rates for MP3 should be really unusual.
Yes, we could have 3 files, for 32, 44.1 and 48 but ... see below
bpa wrote:
> Other sampling rates are all lower.  32kHz is the only stream I've
> "seen" on same streaming radio.
>
> Need to understand - does this feature work with AAC/Flac streams ?
> If not then why bother with the feature for MP3 streams only ?
> If yes, why does it work with AAC/Flac and not MP3 ?
>
> edit:
>
> OK code say " if ($client->streamBytes() == 0 && $client->streamformat()
> eq 'mp3') {"
> It is MP3 only - so why not remove this "feature" since it is not
> generic ?
I would tend to agree with you, and I think it's a legacy thing at the
time mp3 was the only game in town for SB. But I'm speculating here and
probably Michael has a better opinion.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3