I know there are those that don't think playlists work well in your root
music folder, but I have always had them there with no issue. My master
music library is on a Win10 PC on a D: drive in a folder named Music
(D:\Music\). On my android phone I have a MicroSD card that I also have
a folder called Music with my full library. Within the Music folders on
both the phone and PC folder/file structure is the same. I use relative
file locations in my playlists and have never had to modify a playlist,
just copy playlists from my PC music folder to my phone music folder and
they work just fine. Here's a playlist I built for what I call "Abbey
Road Medley" and it works as is on both my phone and my PC.

The Beatles\Abbey Road\09 You Never Give Me Your Money.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\10 Sun King.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\11 Mean Mr Mustard.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\12 Polythene Pam.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\13 She Came In Through The Bathroom Window.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\14 Golden Slumbers.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\15 Carry That Weight.mp3
The Beatles\Abbey Road\16 The End.mp3

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and
Squeeseslave
Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model
B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD
card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)