w3wilkes wrote:
> I had heard this before too, but never experienced it. Wondering where
> you saw the problem as there is no category to list all songs. Seems
> like there might have been a all songs list way back when. I have looked
> at the database using SQLite Expert Personal and verified that the songs
> in my playlists only show once in the Tracks table in the database. The
> only thing I can figure is that it might be because I use relative paths
> in all my playlists, or with some change Michael has implemented it
> doesn't happen any more, but who knows...

It used to occur on Windows when your music folder contained a shortcut
to a playlist folder such that the path in the playlist was different to
the actual path that LMS would usually use. The scanner would then
follow both paths and create the duplication.

Or something similar to that scenario.

I haven’t seen many recent posts on the subject so it may have been
fixed.

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes