Over the Thanksgiving holiday I built a piCorePlayer LMS server on a Pi4
and a HiFiBerry DAC+ (which didn't fit...couldn't find a case...ordered
GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 4 Metal Case that I think I can mod with a couple
of holes but that's another post).

I've been running LMS for 15 years on Windows Home Server...most
recently Windows Server 2012 Essentials...and rather than building a new
Windows Server I tried the Pi route - and holy cow, I wish I'd done this
years ago. I have 4 players (2 Duets, 2 Booms) and have had
periodic...connectivity issues...remote in my kitchen (for spouse to
adjust volume) not connecting...players dropping out and needing
rebooting...it just goes on and on. I have a 3 node Orbi and generally
great WiFi...figured I probably needed to upgrade all my players
(PolyVection is going to start shipping DAC32s again)...and this was
just a whim.

And...piCorePlayer is ROCK SOLID (donation sent :) ) - overnight I am
re-invigorated to connect to my music and streaming.

I brought them up side-by-side, manually copied config settings, then
turned off the Windows version and repaired the devices (had to reset
the Remote). It's just staggering...I can make a change and reboot...and
the buffering just barely drops before it's back and streaming.

@paul- great work, hugely appreciated. :D

I do have one question though...didn't find anything in the docs or
online...where _should_ I put my files? I used a 128GB microSD so I
would put my approximately 60GB of music files...haven't really thought
out the playlists...and I see that files are used in quite a few places.

All the LMS dialogs have the microSD (home/mnt) and the piCorePlayer has
options for a USB card (and network...so I could go to my Windows Server
but I'm thinking I'm going to decommission that soon :). I haven't tried
this but I assume I can pop the microSD card and directly transfer the
files using a PC.

In practice - where IS the best place to put files? Perhaps create a
root folder on the microSD card? Use a USB stick? Any gotchas
appreciated before I find myself down the "wrong patch".