Pommes wrote:
> If I were you, I would just cancel the order of the second raspberry.
> You can run hundreds of audio streams via Wi-Fi. And usually there is no
> maintenance to do, once your set up is finished, or maintenance is done
> via the web interface. If you worry about degrading of sounds, because
> of your external hard drive, just use a longer USB cable for your DAC,
> so that the DAC is not sitting next to the drive.
> I am very sure, that in a blind test you would not hear any difference
> between one or two raspberries.

Pommes, thanks for the concern but I'd like to experience this drill
firsthand. Pi's are not expensive and I can always use it someplace else
if it doesn't work out as intended.

I'll be adding a 2 TB SSD drive to the USB 3.0 port on the Pi server via
usb 3.0 to Sata adapter, once I complete this whole jig.