zordaz wrote:
> I discovered the glitches in May/June 2021. They were also present in
> all Squeezelite-X versions/updates I used since that date.
> I only use default output settings, both on Squeezelite-X and all
> piCorePlayer versions (and Hifiberry OS) I tested with. I can probably
> compare the (default) Squeezelite-X output settings with piCorePlayer,
> but I don't think it is the right direction in search for the root cause
> however.
>
> pCP 8.1.0 Squeezelite command string is /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n
> "pcp" -o hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::1:
>
> Where can I find the SLX command string?
>
> (I can provide example files if useful btw).

Prior to your post I had never noticed this issue.  But today, believe
it or not, I was trying out an old R-Pi 1.  I installed piCorePlayer on
it and running audio over hdmi, just to see if it worked.  Well sure
enough, I noticed very audible distortion at the end of a song
transitioning into the next (I was streaming Pandora).  So, I installed
the same version of piCorePlayer on a R-Pi 3, and I have not noticed it
again (yet).  I'm not sure where that leaves us as to the cause.

As for Squeezelite-X, you might try choosing "Primary Sound Driver".  I
think that works better than "Default".  Default will let squeezelite
choose and squeezelite will choose an MME driver, which is like Windows
95/98 technology.  Primary Sound Driver will be DirectSound.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X