I just installed an fresh image of pCP 8.1.0 on my RPi3B+ with
7"-touchdisplay and Hifiberry DAC2 Pro - and it was almost too easy, i
felt like i'd have to extra-check everything in order to give me the
feeling I actually had to do something while installing it.

Only a minor detail was a bit missleading. As output device, the
pulldown menu offers a) "HifiBerry DAC2HD (and Pro)", b) "HifiBerry DAC+
(and Pro, AMP2)" and a few others. Having installed an "DAC2 Pro", I
assumed the right choise is (a), but actually I needed to select (b).

BTW: "aplay -l" => "card 2: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus],
device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 [HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0]". But it is a "DAC2 Pro", there's no doubt about
it.