paul- wrote:
> That means the hardware is recognized, but there is nothing about the
> partition format.....so it's probably not recognizing the partition
> info.
>
> Exfat is not a native linux partition, it works through userspace
> driver.   EXT4 is the most reliable for a linux system.
>
> Take a look at the disk using command line utilities.

Thanks for the suggestion. For now, I only have MacOS machines available
to me and my understanding is there isn't really a way to format the
disk to EXT4 (and still have read/write access to update the files I
store on it).

Understanding that ExFAT isn't native to Linux, but that the userspace
drivers installed via the file system extensions in PCP (per my
understanding) are designed to allow them to be used, are you saying
that this is not always a solution that can be relied on?