@ SAMS
I used "Headphones" and selected "hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0" for the
output settings.

I listen to one album and experienced a couple of glitches in the
playback (milliseconds) but no noise as you describe.

There was some developement of the headphone jack a few years ago and
that was incorporated into the current rpi software . I'm pretty sure it
is in the pCP config file.

You asked about "hdmi" do you use the pi in this manner ?

If the playback is still unsatisfactory to, you then just decide a
budget and do some research.

Or before doing that, you might try another OS (I would suggest
Raspberry Pi OS Lite).

Use the Raspberry pi Imager Tool to maker the image. Install Squeezelite
and see how it compares :)

ronnie