Ah, one advantage my car server has is I've negated the clock, so it
boots quickly without the time being present. And since I'm not
streaming it doesn't have to find a network either. I've considered
networking it to the car for streaming, but then I thought why bother
and it would be just another monthly expense. I'm using Jivelite for the
screen saver (no clock) and don't have any issues with it starting. It
starts playing within 30 seconds and the screen is back to 'normal' in
60.

Cheers