On Jan 31, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Andrew Petro wrote:

Drew,

Very nice. I know this feature has been asked for more than a few times.

+1 for inclusion of the link-to-tab feature in uPortal 2-6-patches towards 2.6.2 and in uP3.

+1 I'm for this too. 2 questions about Pearson's implementation:

1. What's the behavior if you pass in a tab that doesn't exist? default/current tab? 2. Can you pull tabs which are not currently in your layout, e.g. through a TransientLayoutManager or some such?

Please also update the uPortal Manual wiki space to document the feature when you add it.

I'd also love to see that pretty-URL-to-tab-linking-URL filter included in the core codebase.

+1 on this as well, prettier URLs would be a nice win. I do also think a routing layer in the request flow into the portal would be very generally useful -- it could give us a nice spot to do shortcut links and others.

In the past I've played with the urlrewrite filter [1] which provides mod_rewrite style capabilities for Java applications -- seems like it might be a convenient shortcut for this particular use case, as well as supporting additional configurability.

Jason

[1] http://code.google.com/p/urlrewritefilter/

--

Jason Shao