I am getting the same error... just could not explain well like Susan.
(Thanks Susan).
So.. I am willing to cooperate on this.

Another strange behavior is... after session expired.... any access to
http://myportal/uPortal is getting the following error
-------

uPortal Error

Sorry, but uPortal encountered an error that is preventing it from
rendering. The error must be corrected by system administrators. Try again
later.

------

portal.log shows...

 INFO [TP-Processor3] provider.SimpleSecurityContext.[] Mar/13 08:38:36 -
Principal or OpaqueCredentials not initialized prior to authenticate
 INFO [TP-Processor3] jndi.JndiManagerImpl.[] Mar/13 08:38:36 - JNDI Context
configured for sessionId='A609B84BECBC069116DE1BBA62B734FA', userId='8', and
layoutId='1'
ERROR [TP-Processor3] portal.ExceptionHelper.[] Mar/13 08:38:36 -
Programming error
org.jasig.portal.PortalException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.jasig.portal.rendering.StaticRenderingPipeline.renderState(StaticRenderingPipeline.java:682)
    at
org.jasig.portal.PortalSessionManager.doGetInternal(PortalSessionManager.java:248)
    at
org.jasig.portal.PortalSessionManager.doGet(PortalSessionManager.java:177)
    at
org.jasig.portal.rendering.StaticRenderingPipeline.renderState(StaticRenderingPipeline.java:412)
    ... 23 more

 INFO [PortalEvent-5] handlers.LoggingEventHandler.[] Mar/13 08:38:36 -
Session created for GUEST_USER (guest) at Fri Mar 13 08:38:36 EDT 2009
ERROR [uPortalTaskScheduler_Worker-3] dlm.RDBMDistributedLayoutStore.[]
Mar/13 08:40:34 - Failed to retrieve UserProfile for person
org.jasig.portal.security.provider.PersonImpl fullName=[null] id=[-1]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[ent-lo]}] isGuest:false while
cleaning fragment cache, person will be skipped
java.lang.Exception: Unable to find User Profile for user -1 and profile 1
    at
org.jasig.portal.layout.simple.RDBMUserLayoutStore.getUserProfileById(RDBMUserLayoutStore.java:1708)
    at
org.jasig.portal.layout.dlm.RDBMDistributedLayoutStore.cleanFragments(RDBMDistributedLayoutStore.java:351)
    at
org.jasig.portal.layout.dlm.FragmentCleanerRunner.run(FragmentCleanerRunner.java:33)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor104.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at
    at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:276)
    at
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:260)
    at
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
    at
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:525)
ERROR [uPortalTaskScheduler_Worker-3] dlm.RDBMDistributedLayoutStore.[]
Mar/13 08:40:34 - Failed to retrieve UserProfile for person
org.jasig.portal.security.provider.PersonImpl fullName=[null] id=[-1]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[welcome-lo]}] isGuest:false
[...]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[news-lo]}] isGuest:false while
[...]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[staff]}] isGuest:false while
[...]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[guest-lo]}] isGuest:false
[...]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[faculty]}] isGuest:false while
[...]
securityContext=[null] attributes=[{username=[student]}] isGuest:false while
[...]

SOO IL KIM

arch...@mail-archive.com