Hi Devs,

Me again. I had a thought, and I may have mentioned it last week. Does anyone
else have the desire to have a separate module for the uPortal CLI?

Our use case is we do entity imports via a jenkins job. We want this job to be
completely independent of a uPortal war instance. In order to be able to do
this on a build server we have to do a hack to get the groovy script to run.
Basically, we add .m2/repo/..../[tomcat lib].jar jars to the class path of the
java command. We get that list by running a maven script to list the provided
dependencies.  Its very flaky, I don't recommend it. This got me thinking, what
if we could just have a jar that we could run with all the right classes in it
so we could do anything the CLI could do.  It would force us to modularize the
uPortal war, which could be healthy.

Again, just curious if anyone else has this desire.

- Tim Levett

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as:
arch...@mail-archive.com