From: bounce-41575205-70367...@lists.wisc.edu
<bounce-41575205-70367...@lists.wisc.edu> on behalf of James Wennmacher
<jwennmac...@unicon.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:50 PM
To: uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org
Subject: Re: [uportal-dev] Module for CLI

I think this is a good thing.

Not to over-complicate it and tie it to other future work, but just dreaming,
it would be better with the gradle build (which Misagh has done some work on)
and specifically having the operational functions (non-build) be a separate
groovy, gradle, or whatever script that knows its dependencies and can
auto-resolve them.

If doing it with the current ant/maven strategy, it doesn't seem like it owuld
be that hard to have another module that builds a jar for the CLI or possibly
make it an alternate profile for the uportal-war project since you don't want
to build it all the time.

I'm curious.  What does the CLI need from tomcat?  Is it the shared/lib/* or
the and the servlet-api.jar or tomcat-jdbc jar?

James Wennmacher - Unicon
480.558.2420