Hi
,
If you find your self suitable for the position, please
send me your latest updated resume along with contact details. Please
include your employer details as well and reply to my
email amit.sha...@rgtalent.com.

*JOB TITLE*:             Linux admin
*
LOCATION* :           CA-California/Glendale

*DURATION* :            6 Months

*M.O.I*:                   TELEPHONIC + Face2Face

*RESPONSIBILITIES *

·      Linux systems administration, Hadoop Application Administration, Job
Management and Operational Support

·      Work with the core architecture team to maintain systems and storage
infrastructure that houses large-scale BI/Analytics/Reporting Applications

·      Recognize and manage technical dependencies and/or limitations that
impact analytic work

·      Actively question and challenge customers to understand their
requirements and reach the best solutions, near term and long term

·      Understand and adhere to design and documentation standards for
infrastructure builds (servers, network and storage/database)

·      Maintain uptime requirements with highly available clusters

·      Improve automated monitoring and failure recovery

·      On-call support is required

*REQUIREMENTS*

·      Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a
related field, 5+ years Technology experience

·      Experience working with large-scale analytical environments, such as
Hadoop and MapReduce , analytic databases like Vertica, Teradata, Netezza,
Greenplum, Aster Data, Paraccel

·      Integration/automation experience with Chef

·      5+ years of experience with Linux systems and deployment of
Java-based applications and services

·      Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems and
ability to install and configure operating systems packages

·      Familiarity with virtualized server environments

·      Understanding of network technology and communication principles

·      Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills to identify
the root cause and implement the fix

*PREFERRED SKILLS            *

·      Knowledge and experience of analytics solutions and processes in web
analytics is a big plus.

·      Experience with and knowledge of multiple Data Warehouse / Data Mart
architectures

·      Familiarity with large scale multi-terabyte environments or
experience with distributed systems is a plus