I have a standalone that I want to make a good effort to make standard  the
absolute size of objects on screen.

Thus, a graphic 4 inches by 4 inches on one would be close to that on all
others.  I recall that messing with screen resolution is deprecated, which
means that even assuming it is possible to obtain the properties of the
physical screen, I would have to think about dynamically scaling objects.

Is this one of those things that sounds as though it should be easy but isn't?

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

i-psych.co.uk