Andre Garzia wrote:
I tend to  work on the same way. longer forms makes shorter understanding
time. I'd rather write more and understand more than write faster and then
one week from now, be completely lost in nested mazes

Well said.

And sometimes lengthy deeply-nested IFs are good candidates for a switch block.

I once stumbled across two tips about code style that have been very helpful:

1. If a given function has nested IFs more than three levels deep, it may be a good candidate for breaking it up into smaller functions.

2. If a function is longer than can be viewed in one screen, it may be a good candidate for breaking it up into smaller functions.

Sometimes those can't be applied for sound practical reasons, but where they can oh boy does it make code more readable.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World