On 6/5/11 12:19 AM, Slava Paperno wrote:
I have a list field ("MyListField") with a rawKeyDown handler that tells me
which line is the hilitedLine after every key press.

on rawKeyDown parKey
   put return&  the hilitedLine of me after msg
   pass rawKeyDown parKey
end of rawKeyDown

Probably a typo, but "end of rawkeydown" throws a compiler error. Also, when passing a message, you don't need to include the parameter(s), those go along automatically. "pass rawKeyDown" is enough, though I see it doesn't seem to matter if it's there; likely the engine is ignoring it.

When I press the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys, I see in the message box that
the hilitedLine is changing as expected, but the actual highlight in the
field is not moving: the top line always remains highlighted.

The listBehavior property is true.

This weird behavior starts when I use this command:

focus on field "MyListField"

I just tested this and it's behaving okay for me. The focus command doesn't make any difference, the hilite changes normally when arrow keys are pressed. Your field has "autohilite" set to true, right? Do you have any arrowKey handlers that might be blocking the arrow keys?