On 6/6/11 12:23 PM, Slava Paperno wrote:
Jacqueline,

You're responding to "email script" with obvious goofs, sorry--but a little
later I posted a link to a working demo that shows the problem:
http://russian.cornell.edu/FocusProblem_Slava.zip

My tests are in Windows 7, but someone on the list confirmed that the demo
fails the same way on his Mac. Does it fail for you?

Yes, your example fails (Mac). I suspect that "focus" isn't actually activating the field. This works:

on mouseup
  focus on fld "listfield"
  select line (the hilitedline of fld "listfield") of fld "listfield"
end mouseup

Selecting text does activate the field. It sounds like a bug with the focus command.