i use this which works ok on windows but hangs on Macos(when clicking the red x, it works when going to quit via the menu, i don't know why)

if the environment is "standalone application" then
      if the platform is "Win32" then
         --added /T and /F, /T Terminates process and any child processes started by it, /F Forcefully Terminate process          put "taskkill.exe" & space & "/F" & space & "/T" & space & "/IM" & space & "yoursplshstack.exe" into tCommandToExec
         put shell  (tCommandToExec)
      else
         if the platform is "MacOS" then
            put "osascript -e 'quit app" & quote & "yoursplashstack" & quote & "'" into tCommandToExec
            -- of pkill MFS-VendorStart
            put shell (tCommandToExec)
         else
            if the platform is "Linux" then
               put shell("killall yoursplashstack")
            end if
         end if
      end if

the above part is in the on closestack handler of the stack that has been opened by the splashstack. something similair i have in the splash stack. so it would work whichever stack is closed by the user. i iconify the splashstack after a few seconds