From experiments that I’ve done, it’s the downloading bit which flags an App as
needing special treatment by the OS. If you build it and transfer it via a USB
stick (or CD), then it’s ok. It’s when you download it - either as the app
itself, or as a zipped version. I think the zip file is flagged as potentially
dangerous, and when unzipped, it’s contents similarly flagged. If you share it
via a shared Dropbox folder, that also works (but not downloading it from a
Dropbox link).

> On 12 Sep 2019, at 08:26, Richmond via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder if downloading-qua-downloading is the problem?
>
> Possibly downloading some sort of compressed file (.zip, .7zx, other type) and
> then decompressing it on the target machine will allow installation?
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 12.09.19 8:05, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:
>> That behavior does not sound any different from
>> what we have experienced in older versions of
>> macOS such as High Sierra.  Perhaps it won’t
>> get worse until later versions of Catalina?
>>
>> Thanks for the test Marty!
>>
>> Rick
>>
>>> On Sep 11, 2019, at 8:43 PM, Marty Knapp via use-livecode
>>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just tried my previous tests with non-signed, non-notarized apps with the
>>> Catalina beta 8 (just released today) with the same result as beta 7. I
>>> also  zipped an app, transferred it to the Catalina machine via thumb
>>> drive, then unzipped and ran without complaint or warning. So it would
>>> appear that  downloaded apps are what triggers the warning.
>>>
>>> Marty

Phil Jimmieson  p...@liverpool.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 795 4236  (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Ashton Building, Ashton Street
Liverpool L69 3BX              http://intranet.csc.liv.ac.uk/~phil/
I used to sit on a special medical board... ...but now I use this ointment.